Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Goldstein: Williams Should Fight For ALL Canadians

 Danny "My body my choice; your body my choice" Williams:
Do as he says, not as he does???
Who the hell does he think he is, some kind of dictator?!

...not just for himself.
The issue is not, as Williams argued in an interview Monday with The Canadian Press, that he has the right to use his own financial resources to make the best decision for him about his health care. Of course he does.

As Williams put it: “This was my heart, my choice and my health. I did not sign away my right to get the best possible health care for myself when I entered politics.”

Agreed. But while Williams was exercising his right to personal choice in health care, Canadian premiers, the feds and every mainstream opposition party in the country are collectively defending and enforcing a medicare system that denies average Canadians the right to the same choice — here in Canada.

The Supreme Court of Canada made this point in June 2005. In a 4-3 decision, it ruled it was unjust to force patients to wait in line for medically necessary services available only through medicare, then deny them timely access to those services, then ban them from using their own resources to obtain timely treatment through the purchase of private medical insurance.

In other words, it's EVERYONE'S RIGHT, not just Danny Williams's right.

What a hypocritical dictator...


Ok now... it's time for a balanced healthcare system in Canada.  We're sick of the current totalitarian, state-decides-you-don't system.

How ironic that Obama wants to copy our mean-spirited, inhumane, fascist system.  What, then, does that make him?

ht: NNW

No comments: