Monday, August 06, 2007

Islamic Compassion? I think not.

Story here.

Would he have been better off if he just let her die? Welcome to the world of contorted justice. Welcome to the wonderful world of Islam.

"Nigerian Lands in Jail for Helping 60-Year-Old Woman in Riyadh" by Javid Hassan and Raid Qusti for
Arab News:

RIYADH, 6 August 2007 - A new convert to Islam, fired with zeal to do a righteous act, had no idea that he would pay a heavy price for helping a sick woman, one that has landed him 50 days and counting behind bars.

The Commission for the Promotion of Virtue and the Prevention of Vice found him guilty for committing a crime: Being in the presence of a woman who is not a relative (a so-called “illegal state of seclusion”).

But, your honor, I thought Allah would reward me for helping people... I don't understand... why is it a crime to help people? What the hell kind of a so-called "religion" is this anyway? Do you have any evidence to support the charges against me? Where's my lawyer? Where's the jury of my peers? Don't I even get to plead? What the hell is this, the %$&&#$^&! Canadian Human Rights Commission or the U.S. Ninth Circuit Court? Who are you guys, the ACLU?! Is the CAIR behind this, too? Oh, shit... I'm totally fooked!