Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Levant Files Defence Against Warman

Ezra Levant, above, and Richard Warman, below


Story here.

Ezra Levant has issued his Statement of Defence in response to Richard Warman's nuisance, bogus "defamation" suit against him.

Other bloggers have already filed theirs (Warman sued them, too, even though they merely told the truth about him and may have made fair comment based on that truth, something that's perfectly legal), and Mr. Levant's the last to file his defence.

Ezra tells us:


My approach is a bit different than the others -- it's a little more fact-packed. Warman's suit is political, and it's part of what he calls his campaign of "maximum disruption". In other words, it's a nuisance suit. It's part of the "lawfare" being waged against me by the human rights industry in response to my criticisms of it. And that, in turn, began when I decided not to surrender to the two radical Muslim complaints against me at the Alberta Human Rights Commission, for publishing the Danish cartoons of Mohammed back in 2006.

In many ways, the lawsuits filed against me by Richard Warman and Giacomo Vigna, and the one threatened by Warren Kinsella, are distractions from the main fight: radical Islam, and its use of our Western legal tools to censor criticism of Islamic fascism. Those three antagonists certainly don't seem, at first blush, to have anything to do with my publication of the Danish cartoons 900 days ago.

(Incidentally, the Vigna suit document actually includes the url of a post of mine as supposed evidence in his claim. I'm flattered to have had my post singled out- it indicates that I have an aptitude for really getting under these guys' skin. I know I really annoyed Warren Kinsella with inconvenient truth and fair comment at least once, too, and I'm quite proud of myself, actually)

Indeed, it's true, as Ezra says, that these leftists are trying to stop us regular folks from defending freedom, democracy, the rule of (democratically-originated) law and human rights from Islamofascist imperialism. If they don't realize it, well, that makes it all the more astonishing, as if it could become more so than already!

But in another sense, their nuisance suits -- and the Canadian human rights industry from which they emanate -- are the necessary domestic partners in the foreign jihad against Canada. They're what Lenin called the "useful idiots of the West". Warman, Vigna and Kinsella probably don't even agree with radical Islam -- though Kinsella has dabbled in it, by giving advice and help to the anti-Semitic Canadian Islamic Congress. But they are defenders of (and in Warman's case, a leading participant in) Canada's abusive, corrupt human rights system that has been so effectively hijacked by radical Islam.

Ezra is correct. I've long written that radicals have hijacked the Free World's state apparati, including communists/liberals/leftists/progressives/(whatever they call themseves at any time) and Islamofascists, so I concur with what he says here.

Keep up the great work, Ezra! You are doing the right thing! And you are an inspiration to so many of us to join the fight against oppression and tyranny!