Saturday, March 17, 2007

TorStar Has (Another) Brainfart

Is this supposed to be "news"?

I look at the page, and it differs not, as far as I can see, from a regular "news" piece which just reports the facts and stays away from slurring people and groups it doesn't like, refraining from using incendiary, suggestive-of-badness language. At first glance, anyone will think it could very well be "news". There's no header saying anything like "Opinion" or "Commentary" or "Silly Rantings".

I don't see where it says "Opinion/Commentary". Indeed, I can tell the difference, but the average person cannot, which I'm sure the arguably Liberal-preferring Toronto (Red) Star is counting on, as, apparently, they want to make the Conservative Party look like a bunch of redneck knuckle-dragging neanderthals... even now, after everything we've done to show that we're actually normal folks and everything!

It was one thing to have the entire leftist MSM try to unfairly, falsely and mean-spiritedly paint us as fascists, nerds, clowns and whatnot when we were Reformers, but now? Geez... it looks to me like the Toronto (Red) Star has sunk to the level of a well-funded leftist blog and little more.

Look, Ms. Dimanno, if you're going to write stuff like this, I recommend you get a blog. That's what people do when they don't want to conduct themselves with proper professionalism and prefer to be at least partly partisan and opinionated. Like myself, at least at the moment (as for the future, who knows?).

I got a blog. I write as I please. Why on earth do you get paid for doing pretty much the same as I do for nothing? Oh, I see... that's the type of "news" outlet the TorStar is, so now I get it. They pay people to do blog-type posts and seemingly, perhaps accidentally, perhaps not, pass it off as if "news"...

It's a wonder anyone still shells out a few shekels for that birdcage liner!

Oh, well, we do have freedom of the press, after all. And it ain't as if crappy media outlets are illegal or anything, so carry on, dear. I will, too. I'm having as much fun as you are!

Fair's fair. You use slurry words against the Conservatives, I'll use slurry words against the Big Smokin' Red Star...

Oh, now I see... Rosie's an "Opinion Columnist", as I now, finally, see by placing my pointer over her name and seeing what's what. But that's the only clue I have found so far, and I've been looking...

Next time, Red Star, put a big, fat header saying "OPINION" above such drivel. It might give y'all a tiny smidgen of credibility to do so. Just a hint!

Hey! I just realized that I, too, am an "Opinion Columnist"! Cool! And I can honestly say I do it on a volunteer basis, rather than getting paid for it so I can falsely believe I'm hot shit or something... cool!