Monday, February 25, 2008

Warman Again Threatens Levant

Ezra Levant, above, ready to roll, and Richard Warman, cackling, below

The war continues, with Liberal Fascist Richard Warman lobbing a threat of legal action against freedom fighter Ezra Levant...


Warman and his friends at the CHRC aren’t hitting me with a human rights complaint – not yet, anyways. But he is threatening me with the most bizarre defamation lawsuit I think I’ve ever encountered.

(...)

As a defamation lawyer, I know that Warman’s complaints are baseless. So, other than the nuisance and cost of defending the suit – the “maximum disruption” that Warman promises – there’s nothing to fear. For me, at least.

But what about for Warman? Until now, he could beaver away on his human rights complaints while I railed harmlessly in the media. I had no impact on him, other than on his ego. But now he’s changed that. He’s decided to lock himself into a formal legal process with me, in a real court, with real rules – not the loosey-goosey kangaroo court where he used to work.

Before, he could ignore me; now he has to answer my questions about his conduct under oath; now he has to disclose documents touching on the many matters at hand – everything from e-mails to files on his hard drive. “No comment” and “that’s confidential” don’t work in an examination for discovery.
Of course, Warman, like radical Imam Soharwardy, may well pussy out and withdraw his complaints, or, perhaps, just like comrade Kinsella, not even bother to pursue his threatened action at all.


If it goes ahead, well, Ezra's not alone. We're behind him all the way!


Let's roll!


Read the whole thing!!!