Monday, March 26, 2007

Breaking Liberal Scandal

Via National Newswatch...

Details here.

Excerpts from a Liberal email:


Then, yesterday, I received a telephone call from Bruce Young - a BC Campaign co-chair from head office in Vancouver. He advised me that he intended to install a woman by the name of Anne Park Shannon in the riding. He advised me that this could be accomplished in any number of ways including her direct appointment, denying approval for myself or anyone else to run against her or by manipulating the process in a variety of other ways.

Mr. Young then offered a variety of incentives to persuade me to step aside. He advised that the Liberal party has a "good record of taking care of people who agree to step aside." I have advised him that I have no interest in anything of this nature.

(...)

The arrogant approach of Mr. Young and the sense of entitlement displayed by Ms. Park Shannon represent the very worst qualities of the Liberal party. They both demonstrate a complete disrespect for the democratic process.

When I put this to Mr. Young he retorted that "The Liberal party is not a democratic organization."