Sunday, March 19, 2006

People. With Guns. Invading Your Home. In Canada.

Sherry Cooper


I didn't make this up.

H/T: Bourque.com

From the Toronto Star:

Sherry Cooper, chief economist with Toronto's BMO Nesbitt Burns and executive vice-president with BMO Financial Group and Chicago's Harris Bank, recounted the terrifying home invasion in an email to friends and business associates last week, and yesterday she told the Toronto Star in an email that the incident has left her shaken and afraid.

"I have never been fearful, but I am now," she said in her message to the Star. "Our homes, especially our bedrooms, are our most private sanctuary. If I can't be safe in our bed on an ordinary Sunday night with my husband, where can I be safe?"

At one point, Cooper was pushed onto the floor and threatened by "the big guy with the gun," who "threatened to shoot me and hurt me."

Read it all.

Now, what was it the Liberals said about people with guns in Canada?

Who has the guns? Were these intruders collectors? I doubt it. Were they duck hunters with long rifles? Nope; just scumbags with handguns. So, tell me... what good is the gun registry anyway? It's not going to help police find these scumbags, for they didn't register their illegal weapons!

At least we can rest assured that the new Conservative government has promised to crack down on this sort of thing. Scrap the multibillion-dollar registry and redirect the money towards real law enforcement: more police and real punishment for offences committed with guns.

Is the left listening? Or will they simply dismiss not only me, but also the leftist Toronto Star, as being fullashit or something even worse and completely illogical?

And, by the way, which Canada did you choose?