Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Northwest Flight 327 Incident

Go read What Happened to the Syrian “Musicians” from Northwest Flight 327? Sorry Folks, That Has Been Classified

h/t: Northeast Intelligence Network


Subject: What happened/almost happened on NW Flight 327?

Excerpts (emphasis mine):

On June 29, 2004 -- nearly three years after 9/11 -- I was on a flight that many undercover federal agents believe was a dry run for a future terrorist attack involving a hijacked commercial airplane. One federal agent went so far as to tell me that, based upon the intel he had, “it was the real deal called off.” Now, 22-months later, the government has completed its investigation into Northwest flight 327. Here’s what they say. Oh wait, a few more facts first…

Back in 2004, the flight became headline news after I wrote a 3,000 word, first-hand account of the terrifying events involving a 757 jet, 14 Syrian men, several flight attendants, two federal air marshals and 187 passengers. The article, called “Terror in The Skies, Again?” was published at WomensWallStreet.com and within a week, according to CNN, fifteen million people read it.

I grabbed my son, I held my husband's hand and, despite the fact that I am not a particularly religious person, I prayed. The last man came out of the bathroom, and as he passed the man in the yellow shirt he ran his forefinger across his neck and mouthed the word "No."

- From "Terror in The Skies, Again?"

The initial explanations by Homeland Security officials about the flight were predictably obscure. As public outcry grew, and people demanded more information, the feds began to spin alternative accounts of what happened -- including my favorite, which was that “nothing happened.” ...


Continue reading What Happened to the Syrian “Musicians” from Northwest Flight 327? Sorry Folks, That Has Been Classified