Thursday, September 21, 2006

Comment Moderation Is Now Off

...but things will be a bit different from now on.

The Sentinel has just recovered from being Pearl Harbored by the enemy and has learned some very valuable lessons, which will be applied when dealing with comments.

Y'all know what? The whole thing doesn't cost me a cent, after all, so why should I worry about a few ugly, forked-tongued trolls? They can be ignored, deleted and sometimes blocked. No need to let it get to me. Trolls will always be around. Much like jihadists and leftists. Even banned trolls will likely return with new, phony identities and new IP addresses (not everyone has a fixed IP address) in order to get their rocks off by trying to annoy and disrupt the sites of people they don't like. I wish they'd get a freaking life and leave me and my readers alone to enjoy this site.

Though I'll continue to have dialogue with commentors, I can be expected to be a bit tougher, more curt, less babbly... and have a much more eager delete-key-finger.

That which does not kill one makes one strong.