Sunday, October 26, 2008

Why Stubborn Morons Shouldn't Use Navigation Systems In Their Cars

...And Why People Should Also Use Their Brains When Deciding How To Vote!

Above: An aftermarket car navigation system. Mine is exactly like that one.


I'm sure it didn't have anything to do with the fact that the poor motorist is Polish...

Story here.

WARSAW (AFP) - A Polish driver who was too sure of his GPS road navigation device ended up neck-deep in a lake after ignoring road signs warning of a dead-end ahead, Polish police said Friday.

"The man took a road that was closed a year ago when the area was flooded to make an artificial lake serving as a water reservoir -- he ignored three road signs warning of a dead-end," Piotr Smolen, police spokesman in Glubczyce, southern Poland, told AFP Friday.


Must've been a "progressive", y'know, a liberal/leftist. Like somebody who'd vote for Obama.

I recognize this form of mental disorder- I see it in people every bloody day. The problem is that their brains aren't functioning adequately to enable them to avoid such incidents. Geez- what was the guy thinking- that a GPS is infallible, that it couldn't ever make a mistake? Dammit- it doesn't take a frickin' genius to realize that you still have to look at the bloody road, and remember that the device is only a machine, and doesn't know everything. One simply must allow for the potential of error. How could one not? Oh, that's right... if one isn't using their brain... like those Obama voters... who are going to vote to potentially steer America right into a lake!

Funny- once I was experimenting with my own GPS... I instructed it to indicate an alternate route to the airport. Bloody thing took me to a dead end, too, and it was also a lake! It was then that I knew that the devices make mistakes, and made a mental note to remember this point at all times while using the device. Not that I was at all surprised; I fully expected something like this to happen eventually. Unlike some folks, obviously! Why can't some people see such things coming? Why are "progressives" so daft?

That's why these things need to be updated regularly. Of course, even then, they'll still make a mistake sometimes. No problem- just tell 'em you want to go back to where you came from and then try a different route, get directions or use a frickin' map!

Still, those things are the greatest invention since sliced bread. They'll save your sorry, lost ass anytime, as mine did for me many times when I drove to unfamiliar locations... like last Thanksgiving a couple of weeks ago, when the route I was familiar with in another city was closed due to a terrible accident or something and police ordered everyone to detour... well, it was at night, hard to see stuff, and I had no frickin' idea where I was... but I had my GPS, and, yes, it got me back on track... eventually. Sure takes the worry out of driving to new, unfamiliar places!

Oh, of course... yes, I do realize I mentioned leftists and politics. Of course. That's a big part of this blog's purpose, after all- to expose and explain things like this, sometimes by using real-world examples of the mental disorder suffered by folks who don't know what they're doing at the polling booth.

A GPS is like the mainstream media. One cannot count on it too much, can't trust it too much, as it can be misleading, and sometimes very much so. One must use one's brain instead of letting the GPS/MSM tell one what to do, no questions asked...