Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Alert: Email Viruses Posing As Big Breaking News

I've just checked my "bulk" email folder, which catches spam emails.

I've noticed a sudden upsurge of spam today, involving several emails with subject lines like headlines such as "Russian Missile Hits US Sub" and "Saddam Alive", which include an attachment of approximately 40 kb in size, with the .exe extension.

These are clearly viruses. I recognized them immediately and deleted the emails.

Do NOT open anything like that.

I suspect that I was targeted by hostiles familiar with my blogging who wanted to attack my computer somehow.

Well, if this is the case, they failed. Amateur idiot(s)!

The Canadian Sentinel stands on guard against cyberattacks, too!

Has anyone else noticed similar spams with malicious .exe attachments?